KSM9 Condenser Vocal Microphone
Find stores in my area:
- In the box
What is the KSM9 best suited to?
The KSM9 is primarily a premium vocal microphone with a switchable polar patternPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary (allows users to switch between cardioidsPicks up most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. It is less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.Read moreGo to the glossary and super cardioid).
With its dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patternsPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary, the KSM9 is the choice for the world's most accomplished vocal performances.
What characteristics can I expect when using a KSM9?
Expect smoothness and precision across the entire frequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary spectrum as the KSM9 offers clarity comparable only to a studio microphone.
The KSM9 is available in a choice of two colours (champagne or charcoal grey), and comes complete with an aluminium carry case.
- Dual gold layered, low-mass Mylar® diaphragm design
- Switchable polar patternsPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary (supercardioid and cardioid)
- Advanced suspension shock mount
- Premium electronic components including Class A transformerless preamplifier circuitry
- Gold-plated internal and external connectors, including XLR Output Durable aluminum housing
- Champagne or charcoal grey finish
- Full-range frequency responseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary (50Hz to 20kHz)
- Aluminium carrying case
- Transducer TypeA transducer converts sound into an electrical signal. The two most common types are dynamic and condenser. Read moreGo to the glossary : CondenserCondenser microphones are more sensitive, give a smooth, natural sound and need to be powered.Read moreGo to the glossary
- Polar PatternPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary:
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary (1 kHz): -51 dBV/Pa / 2,81 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise:
- Sound Pressure:
- Weight: 300 g
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary Curve:
- ProSound Readers Choice Award 2009, condenser microphones
"KT Tunstall has always trusted and relied on the Shure SM58 to deliver her vocals as it delivers good quality audio, and is robust and reliable under the rigors of touring. When an opportunity arose recently to use the KSM9, we were very impressed by the microphone. It made sense to make the change now as we would still have the warm natural sound that we had from the SM58 but with added detail in the high frequencies, without being to sharp or crisp and more punch"
Oz Bagnall, FOH Sound Engineer, KT Tunstall
In the box:
- Zippered Carrying Case for KSM9 (Part No: AK9C)
- Stand Adapter (Part No: A25E)
- 5/8" to 3/8" Thread Adapter (Part No: 95A2050)