PG42USB Side Address Condenser Microphone for USB Plug&Play
Find stores in my area:
- In the box
What is the PG42USB best suited to?
The PG42USB has been designed and optimized for lead vocals. It plugs into a computer USB port for the simplicity of digital recording and features a large cardioidPicks up most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. It is less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.Read moreGo to the glossary diaphragm tailored with high sensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary to clearly reproduce the subtle nuances of lead vocal performances. It is ideal to be used in home and professional recording studios.
What are the features?
- Built in headphone jack so no need for additional sound card
- Monitor mix control for zero latency
- Integrated pre-amp with mic gain control
Will it work with my computer?
The PG42USB is compatible with Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later).
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring with real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Large diaphragmLarge diaphragm mics add harmonics to the sound and are popular for vocal recordings.Read moreGo to the glossary capsule with voice tailored frequency responseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary
- High-pass filter for additional control of unwanted low-end signal
- -15dB switchable attenuator for additional SPL versatility
- Includes a 3 m USB-cable, a shock mount and carrying case
- Transducer TypeA transducer converts sound into an electrical signal. The two most common types are dynamic and condenser. Read moreGo to the glossary : CondenserCondenser microphones are more sensitive, give a smooth, natural sound and need to be powered.Read moreGo to the glossary
- Polar PatternPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary: CardioidPicks up most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. It is less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.Read moreGo to the glossary
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary (1 kHz): -29 dBFS/Pa kHz
- Sound Pressure:
- Pad Off: 120 dB
- Pad On: 135 dB
- Weight: 453 g
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary Curve:
Music Tech Magazine: Review of Shure PG42 USB - March 2010
In the box:
- 3m USB Cable
- Aluminum Carrying Case
- ShureLock™ Rubber Isolated Shock Mount (Part No: A27SM)