SM7B Studio Microphone
Find stores in my area:
- In the box
What is the SM7B best suited to?
The SM7B is a smooth and warm sounding microphone that is ideal for close-talk applications such as radio presenting and voiceovers for TV. It has also been widely used for vocals on numerous albums.
Why would I want a mic that shields against electromagnetic hum?
Electromagnetic hum is emitted by computer monitors which can cause interference to your sound if the mic is in close proximity to a TV screen or computer monitor and is not shielded.
- Flat, wide-range frequency responseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioidPicks up most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. It is less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.Read moreGo to the glossary polar patternPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary, uniform with frequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Transducer TypeA transducer converts sound into an electrical signal. The two most common types are dynamic and condenser. Read moreGo to the glossary : DynamicDynamic mics have a simple, rugged construction and can handle very high sound pressure levels.Read moreGo to the glossary
- Polar PatternPolar pattern describes how well the microphone hears sound from different directions.Read moreGo to the glossary:
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary (1 kHz): -59,0 dBV/Pa / 1,12 mV/Pa
- Weight: 765 g
- Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary Curve:
In the box:
- Switch Cover Plate (Part No: RPM602)
- Close-Talk Windscreen (Part No: A7WS)