SCM820 Digital IntelliMix® Automatic Mixer
Find stores in my area:
Where can I use the SCM820?
The SCM820 improves the audio quality in all speech applications where multiple microphones are used. Typical use cases include educational institutions, offices, places of worship, hotels or broadcast studios. The SCM820 proves its strengths in panel discussions, town hall meetings, corporate events, press conferences or A/V conferences.
What is IntelliMix?
IntelliMix is an optimised algorithm featuring a unique collection of technologies. It activates the best microphone for a particular talker, while attenuating microphones that are not being addressed. By minimising the number of open microphones, it increases intelligibility and gain-before-feedback and reduces background noise.
- Noise Adaptive Threshold (NAT): Continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel. If for example an additional noise source like an Air Condition suddenly increases the ambient noise floor, the NAT adjusts the threshold accordingly so that the Mic channel will not be opened unintentionally.
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA): Determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphone changes. So if more channels become active and several talkers are speaking simultaneously, the output level will not sum and increase the risk of feedbackSustained howl when a mic hears a loudspeaker already reproducing that mic's sound.Read moreGo to the glossary.
- Last Mic Lock on (LMLO): Keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated. If a talker pauses, the microphone channel remains open and no disruption will caused by activating this channel.
- MaxBus: Ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech.
IntelliMix provides reliable tailored mixer modes, which are style presets to quickly adjust the mix for various applications or acoustical environments:
What further features does the SCM820 offer?
Variations of the SCM820 include output options of logic-enabled block connector or DB25 connector versions. There's also an SCM820 Dante card available, which can be used to upgrade standard Ethernet versions. A dual mixer operation allows for two separate 8-channel automixes from one set of inputs. Via easy daisy chaining, it's possible to auto link up to four units, while the usage of an external network switch allows to link up to 12 units leading to an automix of max. 96 channels. Digital FeedbackSustained howl when a mic hears a loudspeaker already reproducing that mic's sound.Read moreGo to the glossary Reduction (DFR) adds two channels of adaptive EQ filtering to find and attenuate frequencies with too much gain, preventing the onset of feedbackSustained howl when a mic hears a loudspeaker already reproducing that mic's sound.Read moreGo to the glossary and leading to an even higher sound quality.
- Delivers seamless automatic mixing and reduced background noise through dynamicDynamic mics have a simple, rugged construction and can handle very high sound pressure levels.Read moreGo to the glossary channel gating and attenuation
- NAT (Noise Adaptive Threshold) continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel.
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA) determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphones changes.
- Last Mic Lock-On (LMLO) keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated in order to maintain a perceived ambient sound during long pauses
- MaxBus ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech.
- IntelliMix® Modes offer four different mixer mode presets of reliable automixing styles (Classic, Smooth, Extreme, Custom) as well as Manual Mixing mode to quickly tailor the mix for a particular application.
Enhanced I/O support for greater application flexibility and digital connectivity
- DB25 or logic-enabled block connector models available, each with 8 inputs
- Per channel direct outputs for use as an insert to a mixing console or recording
Mix A and B outputs with selectable mic or line level, connect to a sound reinforcement system, mixing console, or recording device.
- Dual mixer operation enables routing of independent automixes to the mix A and B outputs, allowing two entirely different mixes to result from the same set of inputs.
- Aux inputs (front panel:3.5 mm, back panel: block connector) easily connect to media players
- ¼” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output for channel solo and mix monitoring
- Channel control knobs allow quick adjustment of gain, limiter and EQ settings, and solo/mute functions on input channels
- Output mix controls and meters enable front-panel master gain and limiter control as well as signal monitoring
- LED meter rings display input audio, IntelliMix gain levels or EQ settings for each input channel
- Browser-based control software delivers comprehensive software control, monitoring, routing and configuration of all signals and settings and adds a parametric 8-band EQ (incl. High- and Low-shelf EQ)
- Standard Ethernet or Dante™ digital networked audio configurations available
- Dante-equipped models enable multi-channel audio networking over Ethernet.
- Dante Upgrade card available for standard Ethernet models
- Link Dante-equipped SCM820s to form large automixes of up to 12 units (96 channels of audio)
- Control system compatible (AMX, Crestron).
Available System Configurations
- SCM820: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, Block Connectors
- SCM820-DAN: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, Block Connectors, Dante™ Digital Audio
- SCM820-DB25: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, DB25 Connectors
- SCM820-DAN-DB25: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, DB25 Connectors, Dante™ Digital Audio
- Line (+0): +20 dBV
- Mic (+26): -6 dBV
- Mic (+46): -26 dBV
- Aux Input: +10 dBV
- Operating Temperature Range: −18°C (0°F) to 63°C (145°F)
- Analogue Connections Configuration: Channel Input, Mix output: Active balanced
Aux Input: Stereo unbalanced
Direct Output: Impedance balanced
- Phantom Power: 48 V DC, selectable per channel, 7 mA max.
- Max Output Level: Line (+0): +20 dBV, Line (-20): 0 dBV, Mic (-46): -26 dBV
- Gain Adjustment Range: Channel Input, Mix Output: −110 dB to +18 dB
- Input Processing: Low cut, high shelf
- Output Processing: 8 band PEQ (incl. one low- and one high-shelf filter), limiter
- Networking Interface: SCM820: Single Port, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
SCM820-DAN: Dual Port, Gigabit Ethernet, Dante digital audio