SCM820 Digital IntelliMix® Automatic Mixer
Find stores in my area:
The Shure SCM820 is an 8 Input-channel/2 Output-channel digital automatic mixer designed for use in speech applications, including: sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and recording. It uses proprietary IntelliMix® technology to dramatically improve audio quality in any application where many channels of microphones need to operate simultaneously. Multiple I/O configurations and networking options ensure analogue and digital connectivity between devices.
- Delivers seamless automatic mixing and reduced background noise through dynamicDynamic mics have a simple, rugged construction and can handle very high sound pressure levels.Read moreGo to the glossary channel gating and attenuation
- NAT (Noise Adaptive Threshold) continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel.
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA) determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphones changes.
- Last Mic Lock-On (LMLO) keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated in order to maintain a perceived ambient sound during long pauses
- MaxBus ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech.
- IntelliMix® Modes offer four different mixer mode presets of reliable automixing styles (Classic, Smooth, Extreme, Custom) as well as Manual Mixing mode to quickly tailor the mix for a particular application.
Enhanced I/O support for greater application flexibility and digital connectivity
- DB25 or logic-enabled block connector models available, each with 8 inputs
- Per channel direct outputs for use as an insert to a mixing console or recording
Mix A and B outputs with selectable mic or line level, connect to a sound reinforcement system, mixing console, or recording device.
- Dual mixer operation enables routing of independent automixes to the mix A and B outputs, allowing two entirely different mixes to result from the same set of inputs.
- Aux inputs (front panel:3.5 mm, back panel: block connector) easily connect to media players
- ¼” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output for channel solo and mix monitoring
- Channel control knobs allow quick adjustment of gain, limiter and EQ settings, and solo/mute functions on input channels
- Output mix controls and meters enable front-panel master gain and limiter control as well as signal monitoring
- LED meter rings display input audio, IntelliMix gain levels or EQ settings for each input channel
- Browser-based control software delivers comprehensive software control, monitoring, routing and configuration of all signals and settings and adds a parametric 8-band EQ (incl. High- and Low-shelf EQ)
- Standard Ethernet or Dante™ digital networked audio configurations available
- Dante-equipped models enable multi-channel audio networking over Ethernet.
- Dante Upgrade card available for standard Ethernet models
- Link Dante-equipped SCM820s to form large automixes of up to 12 units (96 channels of audio)
- Control system compatible (AMX, Crestron).
Available System Configurations
- SCM820: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, Block Connectors
- SCM820-DAN: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, Block Connectors, Dante™ Digital Audio
- SCM820-DB25: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, DB25 Connectors
- SCM820-DAN-DB25: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, DB25 Connectors, Dante™ Digital Audio
- Line (+0): +20 dBV
- Mic (+26): -6 dBV
- Mic (+46): -26 dBV
- Aux Input: +10 dBV
- Operating Temperature Range: −18°C (0°F) to 63°C (145°F)
- Analogue Connections Configuration: Channel Input, Mix output: Active balanced
Aux Input: Stereo unbalanced
Direct Output: Impedance balanced
- Phantom Power: 48 V DC, selectable per channel, 7 mA max.
- Max Output Level: Line (+0): +20 dBV, Line (-20): 0 dBV, Mic (-46): -26 dBV
- Gain Adjustment Range: Channel Input, Mix Output: −110 dB to +18 dB
- Input Processing: Low cut, high shelf
- Output Processing: 8 band PEQ (incl. one low- and one high-shelf filter), limiter
- Networking Interface: SCM820: Single Port, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
SCM820-DAN: Dual Port, Gigabit Ethernet, Dante digital audio