UHF-R Wireless Systems
Find stores in my area:
Other Wireless Systems
- System Features
- Microphone Options
- Frequency Versions
- UHF-R incorporates automatic frequency selection, transmitter sync and smart menu-driven system functionality for intuitive and fast setup.
- Up to 2400 selectable frequencies across an ultra-wide 60 MHz bandwidth provide superior capability to respond to changing or unpredictable RF conditions.
- UHF-R Wireless features Shure patented Audio Reference Companding for crystal-clear sound beyond the limits of conventional wireless technology.
- UHF-R is available with the premium KSM9 Dual-Diaphragm Wireless Transmitter.
- UR1M Micro-Bodypack Transmitter is also available with UHF-R.
- Get the latest version of the Wireless Workbench software.
Headsets – for use with UR1, UR1M and UR1H bodypack transmitter
Lavaliers – for use with UR1, UR1M and UR1H bodypack transmitter
Instrument Options – for use with UR1, UR1M and UR1H bodypack transmitter
Contact the distributor in your country for specific frequency information.
System technical specifications
- Compatible systems per frequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary band (up to): 47
- Selectable frequencies: 3000
- Auto Setup Features: Scan/Group Scan/Sync
- Audio Reference Companding: Yes
- Included Antennas: Remoteable 1/2-wave
- Antenna Options: Yes
- Receiver Network Ability: Integrated
- PC Control: Yes
- Rack Hardware: Integrated
- Case: Transmitter Case
- Transmitter Display: Backlit multi-function LCD
- Receiver Display: Multi-function LCD + LEDs
- Battery, Endurance: Depending on transmitter and RF-power settings
- Environment: Large scale professional performance
Further Technical Specs
- RF Carrier FrequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary Range: 470-952 MHz, depending on region
- Working Range: UR1, UR2, UR1M: 150 m (500 ft.), under typical conditions, 500 m (1600 ft) line-of-sight, outdoors for a single system
- NOTE: Actual working range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference
- Audio Frequency ResponseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: 40 – 18,000 Hz,(+1 dB, –3 dB).
- NOTE: Overall system frequency responseThis is the range of frequencies, from the lowest to the highest, that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary depends on the microphone element
- Gain Adjustment Range
- UR1, UR1M: –20 to +35 dB
- UR2: –10 to +20 dB
- Modulation: FM (45 kHz max. deviation), compander system with pre- and de-emphasis
- RF Power Output
- See table above.
- Dynamic RangeThis is the difference between the queitest and loudest sound that a mic can pick up.Read moreGo to the glossary: >105 dB, A-weighted
- Image Rejection: >110 dB typical
- RF SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary
- –110 dBm Typical: 12 dB SINAD
- –105 dBm Typical: 30 dB SINAD
- –107 dBm Typical: 12 dB SINAD
- –102 dBm Typical: 30 dB SINAD
- Spurious Rejection: >90 dB typical
- Ultimate Quieting (ref. 45 kHz deviation): >100 dB, A-weighted
- Signal Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on XLR output pin 2 with respect to XLR pin 3 and on the tip of the 1/4-inch output jack.
- System Distortion (ref. ± 45 kHz deviation, 1 kHz modulation): <0.3% Total Harmonic DistortionTotal Harmonic Distortion is a measure of how much electrical noise a device produces. Read moreGo to the glossary typical
- Power Requirements
- UR1, UR2: Two 1.5V AA batteries
- UR1M: Two 1.5V AAA alkaline, lithium primary, and NiMH batteries
- UR4: 100 to 240 Vac, 50/60 Hz
- Current Drain
- UR1, UR2: 180 mA max. (normal RF power setting)
- 240 mA max. (high RF power setting)
- UR1M: 130 mA max. at 3V (normal RF power setting)
- 200 mA max. at 3V (high RF power setting)
- UR4D, UR4S: 0.8 Amps max.
- Battery Life (Typical): UR2: 9.5 hours (low power), 6 hours (high power)
- Operating Temperature Range: –18° to +57° C (0° to +135° F)
- NOTE: Battery characteristics may limit this range
- NOTE: Electrical safety approval is based on a maximum ambient temperature of 35°C (95°F).
- Overall Dimensions
- UR1: 98 mm L x 60 mm W x 17 mm D (3.84 x 2.38 x 0.66 in.)
- UR1M: 49 mm L x 60 mm W x 17 mm D (1.9 x 2.38 x 0.66 in.)
- UR2/SM58: 261 mm L x 51 mm Dia. (10.27 x 2 in.)
- UR2/SM86: 261 mm L x 51 mm Dia. (10.27 x 2 in.)
- UR2/SM87A: 254 mm x 51 mm Dia. (10 x 2 in.)
- UR2/BETA 58: 258 mm L x 51 mm Dia. (10.15 x 2 in.)
- UR2/BETA 87A, UR2/BETA 87C: 254 mm x 51 mm Dia. (10 x 2 in.)
- UR2/KSM9/BK, UR2/KSM9/SL: 250 mm x 49 mm Dia. (9 7/8 x 15/16 in.)
- UR4S/UR4D: 44 mm H x 483 mm W x 366 mm D (1.72 x 19.00 x 14.39 in.)
- Net Weight
- UR1: 97 g (3.4 oz.) without battery
- UR1M: 62 g (2.2 oz.) without batteries
- UR2/SM58: 356 g (12.6 oz.) without battery
- UR2/BETA 58: 314 g (11.1oz.) without battery
- UR2/SM86: 317 g (11.2 oz.) without battery
- UR2/SM87A: 298 g (10.5 oz.) without battery
- UR2/BETA 87A, U2/BETA 87C: 325 g (11.5 oz) without battery
- UR2/KSM9/BK, UR2/KSM9/SL: 410 g (14.4 oz.) without battery
- UR4S: 4.8 kg (10.6 lbs)
- UR4D: 5.0 kg (11.0 lbs)
- UR1, UR1M: Cast magnesium
- UR2: Aluminum die-cast handle and aluminum machined battery cup
- UR4S, UR4D: Galvanized steel
ShurePlus Channels untethers you from the mixing console, delivering time-saving convenience to roam the performance space while monitoring key Shure wireless system parameters from an iOS device.
The app relays critical channel information including RF, audio, and battery levels. Quickly switch between any of your wireless channels using the sortable channels list.
Mobile control of wireless channel settings can be added via in-app purchases. Unlocking this feature allows remote adjustment of frequency assignments, audio gain, muting, and more.
Wireless Workbench 6: Desktop Wireless Control App
From pre-show planning to live performance monitoring, Wireless Workbench provides comprehensive control for networked Shure wireless systems.
Download Wireless Workbench