SW 6000 Conference Management Software
SW 6000 Software Tutorial
Take the tutorial and browse through videos explaining the main features of SW 6000 conference management software.
(Loading the full tour might take some seconds depending on your internet connection.)
The SW 6000, a user-friendly client/server based conference management system, is an add-on to the DCS 6000 Digital Conference System.
The SW 6000 enables you to configure, control, manage and personalise each individal conference. Included is a comprehensive range of applications to be used with the DCS 6000 system
SW 6000 applications run on standard PCs connected via TCP/IP LAN and integrate conference preparation, management, and control. Combinations of modules can be loaded according to specific needs.
The SW 6000 main features:
- Conference configuration
- Conference equipment setup and configuration
- Five modes of login operation (e.g. pre-assigned seat, personal code or chip-card registration)
- Extensive voting control management
- Full language support
- Multiple user profiles with different functionalities/buttons available
- Message facility for pre-recorded messages and self-produced messages
- Name handling
- Agenda configuration with linked documents and web links
- Mimic diagram setup
- Various reports and import/export facilities
SW 6000 Applications & Modules
SW 6000 Basic Package | Conference Administrator Application (CAA) | Conference User Application (CUA) | Conference Display Application (CDA) | SW 6000 Modules
SW 6000 Basic Package
SW 6000 Basic Package for Windows enabling installation and system setup from a PC.
- SW 6000 can be used with the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 (or later)
- Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit) and R2.
- The Basic Package includes the following applications & utilities:
- SQL 2008 Express Database Server
- SW 6000 CUI Interface, RS232 to CU 6005/10/11 and TCP/IP for CU 6105/10
- SW 6005 CAA Application, one license
- SW 6000 Backup Utility
- Installation on stand-alone PC or PC network (Client-server).
- One SW 6000 Conference Management Software, Basic Package is required for each installation.
SW 6000 Conference Administrator Application (CAA)
The SW 6005 CAA Conference Administrator Application is used to setup functionality in the system, e. g. configuring ceats, equipment, mimic, delegate list, conferences, voting parameters etc.
- The functionality savailable depends on the licensed modules. For details of the modules please refer to the section ‘Modules’.
- The CAA is a user-friendly Windows application designed to organise and configure conferences, to create all set-ups, and to configure and test system components.
- The CAA has a standard Windows user interface for use with mouse and keyboard.
- Administrators use it prior to an event to create and maintain basis conference data such as agendas, delegate information, delegate lists, voting parameters, standard messages, etc.
- Technicians use it to setup and test conference and interpreter units
- The application can also be used during a conference to edit/add agenda items and to configure equipment
- Multiple CAA applications can run at the same time
- Note: One SW 6005 CAA Application is included in the SW 6000 Conference Management Software. Additional CAA Applications are only needed if more than one CAA application shall run simultaneously on the system
- One license is needed for each PC running the SW 6005 CAA Application
SW 6000 Conference User Application (CUA)
The CUA is providing the main user interface menu screens and basic sound adjustments of the conference system from the PC.
- The CUA is used by chairmen, delegates or other persons attending a conference to view the current agenda, delegate information and to start/stop conferences, manage microphones, use speaker/request lists, mimic diagrams, etc.
- The application is also used by i.e. technicians and interpretation managers to monitor conferences, control volume settings or change different conference parameters on the fly
- The CUA has an enhanced, graphically designed DIS user interface to be used with a touch screen and/or mouse/keyboard
- The functionality depends on the licensed modules. The functionalities in each CUA depend on the user profile for the person logged in to the system and the facilities installed
- Multiple language selection
- Microphone control
- Voting control
- Interpreter set control
- Delegate information
- For details of the modules please refer to the section 'SW 6000 Modules'.
- Note: One license is needed for each PC in the system running the SW 6008 CUA application.
SW 6000 Conference Display Application (CDA)
The CDA is used to present information created in a conference by use of e.g. large screen projectors or plasma screens.
- The following displays are available:
- Speaker/request information as a list
- Speaker/request information on a mimic diagram
- Voting results graphical
- Voting results in a list
- Voting results on a mimic diagram
- The text size, colours and number of lines are configurable by creating setups in the CAA application.
- The selection of which displays to show on each CDA is done in the CUA application. Up to 8 CDA applications can run in one system each with 6 available displays.
SW 6000 Modules
|Modules ||Description |
|SW 6010 ||Microphone control |
Software Module, enabling manual control of conference microphones from a PC
|SW 6012 ||Agenda handling |
Software Module, enabling se-up and display of an agenda in a conference
|SW 6015 ||Messaging |
Software Module, enabling messaging between delegates', technicians' and interpreters' PCs
|SW 6018 ||Mimic/synoptic |
Software Module, enabling geographical layout of screens for CUA and CDA
SW 6010 is needed for microphone control from the mimic
SW 6060 is needed if voting results are to be shown on the mimic
|SW 6020 || |
Software Module, providing delegate information database, and enabling creation of individual user profiles
|SW 6032 ||Interpretation control |
Software Module enabling configuration of simultaneous interpretation from a PC, and monitoring of interpreter booths during conferences
|SW 6050 ||Multi-language screens |
Software Module, providing translation module for a generation of multiple language screens related to individual user profiles
|SW 6060 ||Parliamentary voting, control |
Software Module, enabling control of parliamentary voting (++, “yes”, “no”, “abstain”, --)
|SW 6062 ||Parliamentary voting, client |
Software Module, enabling casting of votes from the CUA application (++, “yes”, “no”, “abstain”, --)
Note: One SW 6062 license and one CUA license are needed for each PC in the system running the SW 6062 module
Note: SW 6000 & CUA application and SW 6060 Module is required
|SW 6070 ||Chip card registration |
Software Module, enabling user log-in by use of chip cards in the Conference Unit
|SW 6071 ||Chip card programming |
Software Module, enabling the user to program chip cards for use in the DCS 6000 system
|SW 6080 ||Multiple room control |
Software Module, providing a user connection to multiple rooms
|SW 6085 ||Streaming Application Control |
Software Module, providing the control of Streaming Applications
|SW 6086 ||Web Service Interface |
Software Module, providing web interface for 3rd party applications