The Beta 98/S condenser microphone is precision-engineered for high-SPL instrument applications. Its supercardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from other onstage sounds.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Optional A98D drum mount is unobtrusive and versatile, allowing precise positioning of the microphone while holding it firmly in place
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
Overview on all Beta 98 models
|Interchangeable Capsue||Mounting (incl.)||Cable (incl.)||RPM626 Preamp||Wireless Option|
|Beta 98S||Supercardioid||Cardioid (RPM108)||Stand mount (RK282)||95A2398 (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98D/S||Supercardioid||Cardioid (RPM108)||Drum mount (A98D)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98H/C||Cardioid||Supercardioid (RPM110)||Horn mount||fixed||InLine, fixed||no|
|WB98H/C||Cardioid||Supercardioid (RPM110)||Horn mount||fixed||without||yes|
|Beta 98A/C||Cardioid||-||Stand mount (RK282)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98AD/C||Cardioid||-||Drum mount (A98D)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98AMP/C||Cardioid||-||Universal mount (A75M)||-||integrated||bo|
What is the Beta 98S best suited to?
It’s a premium instrument microphone which is ideal for use with a variety of instruments such as drums, conga, piano, reed, wind and string in both stage and studio applications.
What are the Charactaristics of the Beta 98S?
It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 125dB. It has a supercardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback. A seperate in-line preamplifier is included as well as a 25ft detatchable cable to go between the pre-amp and the mic. The pre-amp output is through a male XLR socket, and requires phantom power.
This mic is also available with a drum mount. See Beta 98D/S
|1||Zippered Carrying Bag Part 95A2314|
|1||In-Line Preamplifier Part RPM626|
|1||7.6 m (25 ft.) light-weight cable Part 95A2398|
|1||Shock-Mount Swivel Adapter Part RK282|
|1||Windscreen Part RK183WS|