Multi-pattern condenser offers great recording flexibility due to its compatibility with multiple polar pattern condensers. It features dual gold Mylar diaphragms for superior transient response, a subsonic filter, and preamplifier for transparency.
- Dual 1-inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24-karat gold-layered, low mass, Mylar® diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Multiple polar patterns: cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of applications
- Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifer Technology: provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion, minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- Groundbreaking self-noise specifications: 4 dB (cardioid), 6 dB (omnidirectional), 7.5 dB (bidirectional)
- Full-range frequency response (20 Hz - 20 KHz) for an extremely accurate reproduction of voice and instruments
- Highly consistent polar patterns
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling high input SPL sound sources
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter virtually eliminates unwanted background noise and controls proximity effect
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille to protect the cartridge from accidental drops or misuse
- An integrated three-stage pop protection grille to guard against wind and breath noise
- An internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
What is the KSM44A best suited to?
As a multiple pattern (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional) condenser microphone the KSM44A offers great flexibility in a variety of recording applications. It is designed as a premium vocal microphone for studio recording but additional recommended applications include:
- Acoustic and wind instruments,
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles - choral or orchestral
What is Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology?
Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology consists of highly sophisticated, extremely transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented seamless audio, maximizing audio quality for premium microphone performance. With Prethos the KSM44A achieves groundbreaking specifications: 4 dB of self-noise with the cardioid pickup pattern.
Not only for the studio
The KSM44A comes with all features that a premium and flexible studio mic needs: dual large diaphragms with switchable polar patterns for a nuanced, clear and full sound, extremely low self noise, high sensitivity, minimized proximity effect, 3-position low frequency filter. A spider shock mount and an aluminum carrying case come with KSM44A. With the rugged design and the 15 dB pad the microphone is also used on stage.
The KSM44A is built with premium components such as the dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms. Internal and external connectors are gold plated.
|1||ShureLock® Stand Mount Part A44AM|
|1||Zippered Carrying Case Part AK44C|
|1||ShureLock® Elastic Shock Mount Part A44ASM|
|1||Suspension Shock Mount Elastic Cord, Cristal (contains two) Part RK383|
|1||Protective Velveteen Pouch Part A44AVB|
Further Technical Specifications
|Sensitivity ( open circuit voltage,
@ 1 kHz, typical)
|–31 dBV /Pa (29.8
|–37 dBV /Pa (14.8 mV )||–36 dBV /Pa (16.8
|Self Noise (equivalent SPL,A-weighted , typical)||4 dB SPL -A||6 dB SPL -A||7.5 dB SPL -A|
|Signal-to -Noise Ratio||90 dB||88 dB||86.5 dB|
|Clipping Level (20 Hz
to 2 0 kHz,
1% THD )
|2500 Ohms load||9 dBV||9 dBV|
|1000 Ohms load||6 dBV||6 dBV|
|Dynamic Range (@ 1 kHz)||2500 Ohms load||10 dB||134 dB||131 dB|
|1000 Ohms load||127 dB||131 dB||128 dB|
|Maximum SPL ( 1 kHz at 1%
|PAD off||PAD on||PAD off||PAD on||PAD off||PAD on|
|2500 Ohms load||134 dB||150 dB||140 dB||152 dB||139 dB||151 dB|
|1000 Ohms load||131 dB||147 dB||137 dB||149 dB||136 dB||148 dB|