Legendary cardioid vocal microphone tailored to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction. The product includes a stand adapter, brightened mid-range and bass roll-off, a pneumatic shock mount system, and a built-in spherical wind and pop filter.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
What is the SM58 best suited to?
It’s an ideal choice for a professional vocal artist in any live performance setting. It is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and backing vocals. Even in extreme conditions, the SM58 is tailored to target the main sound source while minimizing background noise. It is also very popular with djs and presenters in clubs and in small and large live venues.
Can it withstand the rigours of touring?
Durable construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
|1||Swivel Stand Adapter Part A25D|
|1||Storage Bag Part 26A13|
Further Technical Specifications
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150Ω (300Ω actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
- SM58 User Guide (<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en-EU.quickfinder.locale.pt">Pt</span>)
Declaration of Conformity
What others are saying
What others are saying
Does the unit have an on/off switch?
How does it differ to the Beta 58A?
There are several differences between the two mics. Here are the most relevant ones: Polar pattern: Beta 58A = supercardioid; SM58 = cardioid Output level: Beta 58A is 4dB hotter than SM58 Handling noise: Beta 58A has less handling noise than the SM58 Grille: Beta 58A has a hardened grille that is very difficult to dent Frequency response: Beta 58A has extended low and high end compared to SM58
How does it differ to the SM57?
How to connect the mic to a computer?
Is there a version with black grille available?
Is there a wireless version of the SM58 available?
The SM58 wireless capsule RPW112 is available for and compatible with all Shure wireless series allowing interchangeable capsules.
Please note that BLX and GLX-D wireless series do not feature interchangeable microphone capsules. For these series the SM58 is available as an integrated microphone capsule design.