Includes Dante networked audio, maximum 96 channels, compatibility AMX and Crestron, dual mixer, control software to allow configuration of all signals and settings and adds 8-band EQ with high- and low-shelf EQ, and Digital Feedback Reduction.
- Dante digital networked audio (SCM820-DAN, SCM820-DAN-DB25)
- Max. 96 channels via linking of up to 12 units
- Compatible with control systems such as AMX and Crestron
- Dual mixer with ‘A’ and ‘B’ outputs can be configured for independent automated mixing
- Connectivity with sound reinforcement systems, secondary mixing consoles or recording devices - input connectors include front panel 3.5 mm jack and rear panel block connector / DB25; output connectors include 6.35 mm jack, XLR, DB25, and RJ45 Dante
- Gain, limiter and EQ level adaption via dedicated software or knob controls on the front plate
- Control software allows monitoring and configuration of all signals and settings, and adds a parametric eight band EQ with high and low shelf EQ
- IntelliMix technology
- Digital Feedback Reduction (DFR)
- Headphone output for immediate monitoring of each input and output channel
Where can I use the SCM820?
The SCM820 improves the audio quality in all speech applications where multiple microphones are used. Typical use cases include educational institutions, offices, places of worship, hotels or broadcast studios. The SCM820 proves its strengths in panel discussions, town hall meetings, corporate events, press conferences or A/V conferences.
What is IntelliMix?
IntelliMix is an optimised algorithm featuring a unique collection of technologies. It activates the best microphone for a particular talker, while attenuating microphones that are not being addressed. By minimising the number of open microphones, it increases intelligibility and gain-before-feedback and reduces background noise.
- Noise Adaptive Threshold (NAT): Continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel. If for example an additional noise source like an Air Condition suddenly increases the ambient noise floor, the NAT adjusts the threshold accordingly so that the Mic channel will not be opened unintentionally.
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA): Determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphone changes. So if more channels become active and several talkers are speaking simultaneously, the output level will not sum and increase the risk of feedback.
- Last Mic Lock on (LMLO): Keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated. If a talker pauses, the microphone channel remains open and no disruption will caused by activating this channel.
- MaxBus: Ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech.
IntelliMix provides reliable tailored mixer modes, which are style presets to quickly adjust the mix for various applications or acoustical environments:
What further features does the SCM820 offer?
Variations of the SCM820 include output options of logic-enabled block connector or DB25 connector versions. There's also an SCM820 Dante card available, which can be used to upgrade standard Ethernet versions. A dual mixer operation allows for two separate 8-channel automixes from one set of inputs. Via easy daisy chaining, it's possible to auto link up to four units, while the usage of an external network switch allows to link up to 12 units leading to an automix of max. 96 channels. Digital Feedback Reduction (DFR) adds two channels of adaptive EQ filtering to find and attenuate frequencies with too much gain, preventing the onset of feedback and leading to an even higher sound quality.
- SCM820: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, Block Connectors
- SCM820-DAN: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, Block Connectors, Dante™ Digital Audio
- SCM820-DB25: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, DB25 Connectors
- SCM820-DAN-DB25: Eight Channel Digital Automatic Mixer, DB25 Connectors, Dante™ Digital Audio
Further Technical Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: Analogue-to-Analogue: 110 dB | Analogue-to-Dante, Dante-to-Analogue: 113 dB
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- Conversion: 24 bit
- Maximum input level:
- Line (+0): +20 dBV
- Mic (+26): -6 dBV
- Mic (+46): -26 dBV
- Aux Input: +10 dBV
- Propagation Delay: < 0,51 ms
- Operating Voltage: 100 to 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 1 A
- Operating Temperature Range: −18°C (0°F) to 63°C (145°F)
- Analogue Connections Configuration: Channel Input, Mix output: Active balanced
Aux Input: Stereo unbalanced
Direct Output: Impedance balanced
- Phantom Power: 48 V DC, selectable per channel, 7 mA max.
- Max Output Level: Line (+0): +20 dBV, Line (-20): 0 dBV, Mic (-46): -26 dBV
- Gain Adjustment Range: Channel Input, Mix Output: −110 dB to +18 dB
- Input Processing: Low cut, high shelf
- Output Processing: 8 band PEQ (incl. one low- and one high-shelf filter), limiter
- Networking Interface: SCM820: Single Port, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
SCM820-DAN: Dual Port, Gigabit Ethernet, Dante digital audio